Memorial Day Weekend [San Luis Obispo Music Photography]

Memorial weekend kicked off with a intimate show at Stack Sandwiches. Brian Bosen was in town for a few days so he and Casey McDonald played with a guest appearance from Casey's cousin Lilah Guertin. The show started at 5pm. This was my first time visiting Stacked. They have assigned about three parking spaces and the front window area as their outdoor seating. Musicians can set up right outside the window and play until 7ish.


Putting the three of them together is like doing laughing gas at the dentists office. They are all silly, and maybe a little corny at times, but it's always fun to watch Casey and Brian together. They even had a little (very lil') backup percussion help from the kids in the crowd. And Brian played his "award winner" Pretend It's That Summer...aka that Ice Cream Song. Casey even pulled off a cover of Peter Paul and Mary's Puff the Magic Dragon for the kids. Lilah played her Coffee Shop Stalker songs...it's good to know I'm not the only one with a stalker magnet in my pocket. All around fun times. Find Brian Bosen: Myspace/Facebook; Casey McDonald: Myspace; Lilah Guertin: Sorry can't find her music anywhere. She does have a personal Facebook but it doesn't sound like she needs anymore stalkers ;)



Sunday I laid low and tried to get caught up. Monday I ventured out again with my girls Amanda and Heather. We saw Damon Castillo Band at The Cliffs. This was my first time seeing Damon play live and I really enjoyed it. I looking forward to his July 16th performance at Concerts in the Plaza. I will definitely be there with my trusty sidekick Nikon D700. Damon Castillo Band's Website/Myspace/Facebook



Matt Masih and The Messangers from Santa Cruz opened up for Damon Castillo Band. I only grabbed a few snaps and heard a few songs but me likey. They call themselves "soul/jam band/booties shakin music." Matt came by our lounge spot after to say hi and ask me about my photography. I will for sure check them out again. Matt Masih and The Messangers Myspace/Facebook


Last nights Showcase at the Clubhouse was great (more about that later). Don't forget to come out next week when Andrew Spearman Blake will be the featured act.

No comments: