July 21st - Songwriter's Circle at the Boardroom in Pismo [Music Photography]

This show included three of my very best friends/favorite musicians Patrick Drom, Tara Henderson and Evan Melgares. I've been trying to drag Patrick out of the house and into the spotlight at the Clubhouse for months. Instead he made his debut in his own way...with an awesome show packed with friends.

 

Tara Henderson drove up from Riverside to open up the show for a packed house and it was amazing. She opened with some originals and covers. She sounded like an angel, as always. Then invited Patrick up for a duet, transitioning into his set. Of course she sang my favorite song, I'm Going, which I prefer to call Mississippi...because if anyone would travel all the way to Mississippi (worst state ever) to make someone miss them then that is love!

Anyone who knows Patrick knows "So Hard" is one of his many signature lines. Tara almost brought the house down when she said "I love you so hard!" at the end of their debut. It was shamazin! As was most of Patrick set. He started out with all my acoustic favorites. Many a night out has ended with Patrick singing my to sleep in his recliner, so I know his songs by heart. He even dedicated my favie to me.



Finally, Evan Melgares when up third. Although I've known Evan for about a year now this was my first chance to hear him play.



See more photos by April Wise Photography

No comments: